All individuals who have the Emerita/Emeritus title are encouraged to become members of the UC Davis Emeriti Association (UCDEA). The primary mission of the UCDEA is to serve as an advocate for the interests of UC retirees and more than 450 UC Davis colleagues have expressed their support by becoming members.
The Emerita and Emeritus designation is conferred on retired individuals by the Chancellor as a means of recognizing their service to the University. It allows them to retain their titles (e.g., director emerita, librarian emeritus) even though they are retired and no longer hold their positions.
Upon retirement, all tenured members of the UC Academic Senate are automatically granted the emerita/emeritus title. Additionally, on an individual basis, the Chancellor may confer the title on other retirees who have held academic appointments(e.g., Cooperative Extension, Library, Lecturers) as well as some members of the campus senior administrative staff.
Types of Membership
All individuals who have an Emerita or Emeritus title are eligible for membership in the UC Davis Emeriti Association (UCDEA). There are three categories of membership:
- Regular Member – Retired faculty who are tenured members of the Academic Senate and other individuals who have been awarded the emerita/emeritus title by the Chancellor.
- Affiliate Member – Individuals who have held regular faculty positions or positions of comparable status at other universities. Their membership must be proposed by two UCDEA members and approved by the Membership Committee and a majority vote of the Executive Committee.
- Associate Member – Individuals who are surviving spouses or domestic partners of regular members.
For regular members and affiliates, there are two options (see below). There are no dues requirements for Associate Members and all individuals over 90 years old.
- Annual membership: $25 per year
- Lifetime membership: $200 one-time fee
Join or renew online (requires electronic payment)