Communications and Outreach Committee
- Klea Bertakis, Co-Chair
- Suad Joseph, Co-Chair
- William Hagen
- James Boggan
- John Vohs
- Karl Zender
The primary mission of the Committee on Communication is to promote effective communication with the members of the UCDEA and with emeriti who are prospective members. Additional committee duties include monitoring and advising on the public communication activities of the UCDEA.
- Advise and participate in determining communication priorities and policies.
- Monitor publications, websites and other communication efforts.
- Advise and, where feasible, assist on management of websites.
- Collaborate as appropriate with the UC Davis Retiree Association’s communication efforts.
- Meet quarterly (or more often as needed) to review communication practices.
The committee should have a minimum of two members from the UCDEA, but a larger membership is encouraged if/when there is sufficient interest in participation.
Under the leadership of Klea Bertakis and Suad Joseph, in Winter 2023, the committee sent a survey to UCDEA members to ask them to share their activities in the past two years, to let our community know how our emeriti are spending their “retirement” years. To our delight, over 50 emeriti shared their activities and stories. Editing and formatting, in partnership with the good services of the UCD Retiree Center, led to the “Share Your Stories” section of the UCDEA webpage, a wonderful opportunity for our community to share information.