Awards and Recognition Committee
The UC Davis Emeriti Association Awards and Recognition Committee coordinates and is responsible for the distribution of three awards given annually by the association. These awards are:
- The Edward A. Dickson Emeritus/a Professorship Award
- The UC Davis Distinguished Emeritus/a Award
- The Constantine Panunzio Award
The call is now OPEN AND NOMINATIONS ARE DUE BY 5 p.m., MONDAY, NOVEMBER 2, 2020 for the UC Davis Distinguished Emerita/us Award, and the Constantine Panunzio Award. See Award pages for details.
More information about the UCDEA Awards and Recognition Committee, including committee description and charge.
The 2020 UC Davis Distinguished Emeritus/a Award announced
Professor Emerita Linda Morris, Department of English, has had a very prolific and well recognized productive period in her retirement. She was recently recognized with the Olivia Clemens Award from the Mark Twain Circle of America and the lifetime achievement award, (the Charlie) from the American Humor Society. We are honored by the recognition she brings to UC Davis in her retirement. More on the UC Davis Distinguished Emeritus/a Award page.
2020-2021 Edward A. Dickson Professorship announced
Congratulations to both Professor Emerita Suad Joseph and Professor Emeritus Robert (Bob) Rucker for being named to the 2020-2021 Edward A. Dickson Professorship, an endowment award given in recognition of service, research, or teaching to persons of academic rank, who have been retired after service in the University of California.
- Suad Joseph, Ph.D.; Anthropology and Gender, Sexuality and Women’s Studies, will continue her work in “Gendered and Cultural Framework for Refugee Mental Health: The Arab Crisis.”
- Robert B. Rucker, Ph.D.; Nutrition, will use the award to continue his study, “Pyrroloquinoline quinone: Additional studies related to its physiological importance.”