Who We Are
The UCDEA provides emeriti from UC Davis, or other UC campuses living in the Davis area, an opportunity to sustain their associations with the university. The UCDEA advocates on behalf of emeriti to ensure that university benefits and privileges are sustained. Further, the UCDEA helps to identify resources and new initiatives of interest to retired faculty. For those emeriti who wish to maintain scholarly endeavors, the UCDEA is an advocate in identifying potential resources for such efforts. The association also provides a sense of community and a direct linkage to the UC Davis Retiree Center, which serves the needs of UC Davis retirees by planning programs, such as those designed to assist with retirement and financial investment planning or matters related health and wellness. Your association with the UCDEA will give you a voice in decisions made regarding retirees, it provides an additional platform to aid in sustaining on-going connections, opportunities for mentoring or volunteering, as well as offer numerous opportunities for social interaction.
What We Do
Below is a summary of some of the many benefits of UCDEA membership:
- Staff support through the UC Davis Retiree Center
- Educational programs, information sessions, social opportunities, including Brain Food Talks
- Discounts for OLLI courses and on travel opportunities
- Effective advocates for the interests of UC emeriti regarding health and retirement benefits
- Webinar information sessions on the annual Open Enrollment process
- Fund raising on behalf of UCD students at risk, and emeriti.
- Awards/nominations for campus and system-wide grants and recognitions for emeriti
- Co-sponsor Chancellor’s luncheon for emeriti; coffees with campus leaders; winter luncheon
- Joint events with UCD Retiree Association and Retiree Center
- Opportunities to participate in the video records program.
All individuals who have an Emerita or Emeritus title are eligible for membership in the UC Davis Emeriti Association (UCDEA). There are three categories of membership that include senate and non-senate members who have been awarded the emerita/emeritus title by the Chancellor, affiliate, and associate memberships. See Membership.
Learn what is important to emeriti and what the association is doing. See News.
The association can be contacted through the UC Davis Retiree Center. For more information, see Contact us.
The association is a proud member of the Council of University of California Emeriti Associations (CUCEA).
Privileges and Benefits
It is the University's philosophy that emeriti/ae are valued members of the academic community. The university affirms the following general principles, i.e. emeriti/ae faculty make valuable contributions to the intellectual life of the campus and, as departmental resources allow, emeriti/ae faculty should be encouraged and supported in order to maintain professional connections and activities. Accordingly, significant rights and benefits are provided to emeriti/ae in the hope that they will continue to contribute to the campus, community, and their academic professions. See Privileges and Benefits.