- Barbara Horwitz, Co-Chair
- Judith Kjelstrom, Co-Chair
- Martha Macri
- Ann Noble
- Jim Seiber
This committee should be comprised a minimum five members, including its chair. It is desirable that the committee has an academically diverse membership.
The primary mission of the Awards and Recognition Committee is to promote and reward the accomplishments of UCD Emeriti faculty. Specific committee duties include:
- Soliciting and promoting nominations, reviewing candidates and advising the UCDEA Board on the selection of award nominees or recipients for three currently establish Awards:
- Edward A. Dickson Award, which honors retired faculty members who continue to maintain distinction in research, teaching and/or service. The Dickson Award includes a stipend for the recipient(s).
- UC Davis Distinguished Emeritus/Emeritae Award which recognizes outstanding work and service since retirement
- University-wide Constantine Panunzio Award, which recognizes the accomplishments of retired faculty in the humanities or social sciences. The Committee advises on the Davis campus nomination of a candidate for this award.
- Advising and assisting the Board on other matters pertaining to the recognition of retired faculty.