Awards and Recognition
Awards and Recognition Committee
The UC Davis Emeriti Association Awards and Recognition Committee coordinates and is responsible for the distribution of three awards given annually by the association. These awards are:
- The Edward A. Dickson Emeritus/a Professorship Award Call now open until Friday, April 29, 2017
- The UC Davis Distinguished Emeritus/a Award
- The Constantine Panunzio Award
The 2017 UC Davis Distinguished Emeritus/a Award announced
The UC Davis Emeriti Association is pleased to announce that Professor Emeritus JaRue Manning has been selected to receive the UC Davis Distinguished Emeritus award for 2017. This recognition us awarded annually to honor outstanding scholarly work or service performed by a UC Davis emeritus/a since retirement by the UCDEA. Prof. Manning, Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, since his retirement in 2008 has taught an astounding number of courses, including undergraduate and general education courses, freshman seminars, and lectures. More on the UC Davis Distinguished Emeritus/a Award page.
The 2016-2017 Dickson Professorships Awards are announced:
This year the UCD Emeriti Association have selected three individuals to receive the 2016-2017 Dickson Professorship. This award is given to individuals who continue high value research after their retirement. The following Professor Emeriti were selected from an excellent group of researchers.
- Professor Brian Higgins, Department of Chemical Engineering. Professor Higgins proposes to produce an ibook for UC Davis undergraduate class in Chemical Engineering
- Professor Gerald Kost, School of Medicine, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine. Professor Kost is Director of Point-of- Care for contagious diseases and is involved with techniques to reduce the spread of diseases such as Ebola from their point of origin
- Professor Bruce Lyeth, School of Medicine, Department of Neurological Surgery. Professor Lyeth is focused on methods of detecting and treating traumatic brain injuries including concussions, an increasing problem with today’s athletes
The Dickson Award receipients will be recognized at the Chancellor's Luncheon for Academic Retirees and Emerit in January 2017.
Dr. Isao Fujimoto Wins Prestigious Constantine Panunzio Distinguished Emeriti Award
UC Davis, Davis, California April 18, 2016
The 2016 Constantine Panunzio Distinguished Emeriti Award honoring Emeriti Professors in the University of California system has been awarded to Professor Emeritus of Asian American Studies, Isao Fujimoto of UC Davis and Professor Emeritus of History, Peter Kenez, UC Santa Cruz. Professors Emeriti Fujimoto and Kenez are the thirty-sixth and thirty-seventh UC Emeriti Professors to receive the Constantine Panunzio Award. Read more.