All UC Davis emeriti/ae are invited to stay connected by joining the UC Davis Emeriti Association (UCDEA). The UCDEA is supported solely through dues and voluntary contributions. A strong and large association guarantees that emeriti/ae voices and concerns will be heard.
Any UC Davis retiree (Davis and health system campus) who has been granted emeritus/a status is eligible to join the UCDEA. The title of professor emeritus/a is conferred upon retirement on every professor and associate professor.
In addition, the following retired faculty and staff may apply for emeritus/a status:
- Academic appointees who are not members of the Academic Senate and who have at least 10 years of service, have attained the highest rank in their title series, and have evidence of noteworthy and meritorious contributions to the mission of the university. Application is made through one's home department, governed by APM-120, and conferred by the chancellor.
- Non-academic staff, Management and Senior Professional Grade III or above, or a position at any grade of the Senior Management Group, who have at least 10 years of service and have evidence of noteworthy and meritorious contributions to the mission of the university and to their professional field. Application information may be found on the UC Davis Human Resources website and is conferred by the chancellor.
Benefits of Membership
- Increased opportunities to continue active participation in campus life
- Noon programs (BrainFood Talks) or general membership meetings on timely topics
- Tours of campus venues
- Three newsletters annually
- Discounted prices on UC Davis Retiree Center events and trips
- Free annual membership in the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI)
- A complimentary copy of the book Abundant Harvest: the History of the University of California, Davis
Types of Membership:
- Regular membership
- Annual: $25 per year; membership from July 1 through June 30
- Lifetime: $200; one-time fee; no renewals necessary
- Associate membership: spouses/partners of regular members and widows or widowers of deceased members do not pay dues
Prospective regular and associate members who do not meet the aforementioned criteria must be proposed by two or more regular members, and be approved by both the membership committee and the UCDEA Executive Committee.